washing machine/dishwasher waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher and washing machine are far away from my kitchen sink(about 4 metres).
Is it ok to extend the hoses?
Are there ptraps for kitchen sinks which allow 2 hose connections just above the water seal?
another possibility i have is to cut into my 40mm waste pipe with 2 drain out kits. This would mean the wastes from the dishwasher and washing machine not having any water seal. Anyone think doing this is ok?

thanks in advance

scott

Sponsored Links
If you route the drain hose according to the MIs, then these appliances have an internal water seal, because the scavenger pump stays full of water.

You have many options, but the best in terms of plumbing and general hygiene is to have one standpipe per appliance, and connect the outlet from those into the pipe running between the sink and the outside connection (gully or whatever).

Failing that, you can mess around with various sink trap options, for example the following:
lg_wm11.gif

Softus,
thanks for the advice. My problem is that the nearest soil pipe is next door in my bathroom. My bathroom is a metre higher than the kitchen. As you can imagine, a standpipe would be lower than the soil pipe so i have no option here. However if i could purchase one of those double traps you showed it would mean just extending the hoses. That would be the simplest don't you think,

regards

scott

Yep - that would be the simplest.

The McAlpine product code is "WM11"; the description is "40mm P Trap with Adjustable Inlet and two MA15 Nozzles".

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice. Now i just have to source the flexible hoses, i think they are 21mm,

thanks again

scott

scottygio said:
thanks for the advice. Now i just have to source the flexible hoses, i think they are 21mm
Plumbers' merchant; or your local market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back