Washing machine door does not fit snugly against the seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend's LOGIK machine has a very suspect door. It doesn't seat nicely with the rubber seal, the glass barely makes contact with the door seal when it's closed.

With the door closed, I can easily lever the bottom half of the door out a significant amount, at least 5mm. I've checked the screws on the door hinge, the plastic fascia on the door, and the two screws holding the door locking mechanism on the machine. The pin on the door and the hinge all look ok. I can't see anything wrong with the machine's rubber seal - it's nice and even all the way round. It's as if the door isn't pulled in tight / far enough.

Also this problem coincided with the pump getting blocked by a hair pin (which I've managed to remove). This seems unrelated to the door. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
If the door moved 5mm during normal operation then it would have to be severely overloaded. I don't think you have a problem unless it begins to leak during the wash cycle.

It just seems nothing like my own machine: When I shut the door on mine, there's resistance as the glass presses up against and compresses the seal (which is reassuring). With this one, it's only just touching the seal.

It just seems nothing like my own machine: When I shut the door on mine, there's resistance as the glass presses up against and compresses the seal (which is reassuring). With this one, it's only just touching the seal.
Does it leak?

Sponsored Links
It doesn't leak, but it did display an e30 error code which is for the door or door lock at the same time it wouldn't drain. The not draining part makes sense as the pump had an obstruction but the door is a mystery.

It doesn't leak, but it did display an e30 error code which is for the door or door lock at the same time it wouldn't drain. The not draining part makes sense as the pump had an obstruction but the door is a mystery.
Door lock insecure will also prevent the pump running so is related.Pin in the pump was incidental.

when the door is closed, does it seat evenly, or is the hinge side further away (like the hinge is bent from something getting stuck in it and it being force closed)

The hinge isn't bent, I inspected the hinge and the keeper / pin for the door and couldn't see anything wrong with them; they're not bent or damaged. It's the area of 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock of the door that looks the most suspect, as in you can pull that area of the door away from the seal. The areas next to the hinge and the latch are tighter to the seal. It's not leaking though.

The point is, does it leak down the front of the machine? If not, then it's fine and as designed.

And if it leaks when full of clothes, it's perhaps too full of clothes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back