Washing machine door switch question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to test if a door switch is working? I have tried for continuity but no joy, even with the new switch here. The machine door light flashes on every setting and the machine won't start on any setting.

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
yes it is a hotpoint wmt05! there's no power going to the switch either. it's 10 years or just over old. Why would the pcb go?

Cos the motor brushes have worn out and blown tracks on the pcb.

Sponsored Links
they wore out about 2 years ago and I changed them and they didn;t take the board then. It is just pot luck? One of the brushes is quite worn. What size should they roughly be? Thanks for your help by the way, I appreciate it

Burn marks on the white wiring block that goes from the motor to the pcb.

yes just checked there are black marks on the white connector block. No power going to door switch when should be 240 volts. is it worth replacing, or time to get a new machine? I've not bought a pcb before so not sure on the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back