Washing machine drain hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new washing machine to install in a new kitchen and would like to know the ideal place to make the cutout in the base unit (under my sink) for the drain hose?

The washing machine sits on the right hand side of the base unit

Should you go out the back (like the pipes)

Or should the cutout be on the side where the base unit panels are?

Is there a particular height?

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_154540255.jpg
    IMG_20200910_154540255.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 299
Sponsored Links
I'd make it easy for myself by drilling a hole on the top back of the side panel, big enough for the hose end to pass through comfortably.....you never know how often the washer may have to come back out again.
As for the route, allow the drain to rise up the top height of the washer then smoothly descend onto the drain connection.
John :)

thats a whole load of elbows you could do without. i’d have used a 40mm mcalpine flexi waste pipe straight from the 40mm compression outlet to the lower elbow exiting the back of the unit. jus sayin .

The fittings and pipes don't appear to be solvent welded ,and the compression joint to the trap isn't fitted ,is this a work in progress ?
If it is ,you should rearrange the waste Pipework to a more direct route ,from trap down to pipe through the wall.

Sponsored Links
Looks like i am already being slated for my **** poor waste job :D:D

Thanks for the advice guys

I forgot to ask about where i should make the cut in the base unit for for the water inlet hose.

Would that be in a similar location to the drain hose?

The fill hose can come in anywhere, its location is usually dictated by where the hose connection is on the machine, the length of the fill hose and where it is in relation to the cold water appliance valve. If it can reach the valve and go through the same hole as the drain hose then all the better.

Looks like i am already being slated for my **** poor waste job :D:D

Thanks for the advice guys

I forgot to ask about where i should make the cut in the base unit for for the water inlet hose.

Would that be in a similar location to the drain hose?
hardly a slating, just suggestions, and what you did looks like a tidy job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back