Washing machine filling with waste water when not in use

Sponsored Links
o_Oo_Oo_O

Sorry @Bouy but I'm a bit confused .... That wasn't a reply to you?
Sorry Madrab , Bouy and Dereekoo are one and the same, don't really know how it ended up like that but depending whether I'm accessing the forum by my phone or laptop signs me in as one or the other. Confusing but if I don't like what I say I can, like others, stick my nose in and tell myself off. Notwithstanding all that I accept you apology

@joboro .... Apologies that your post got a little sidetracked there (y)
Yes that what happens when contributors start going off at a tangent to the actual solution to a problem raised, but no doubt my picture gave you a clear heads up on what to do. (No need to press thanks just happy to help and don't need any back slaps)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I obviously thought that Bouy was another person.

I wasn't apologising for my initial response to the Dereekoo ID, rather for my confusion over why someone else was responding to my initial comment but I'm not going to get draw into even more pointless to'ing a fro'ing on someone else's post.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice folks. That definitely seems to have sorted out the water going back in issue. There is a lot of gurgling noise when the washing machine drains now but I don't suppose there's much we can do about that is there?

Not really @joboro. I take it you mean when the WM is emptying?

When the pumped water from the WM enters the waste, there's now only air between the the spigot (as it should be) and the waste hole in the sink, that means the sound of the water echoes up the waste pipe and into the sink. The sink itself then acts like a bell mouth, amplifying the draining sounds. It's the downside of having the pumped waste draining into the sinks waste system.

Only way to get rid of it would be to drain the appliances into a stand alone stand pipe.

Cheers for the advice folks. That definitely seems to have sorted out the water going back in issue. There is a lot of gurgling noise when the washing machine drains now but I don't suppose there's much we can do about that is there?
Possibly swopping over the washing machine and dishwasher outlets may reduce the issue, based on the premise that when the drainage shoots in from the RHS it has more time to dissipate the energy before it hits the U bend. May be a non starter if the flexi hoses aren't long enough and as Madrab says the only way to get rid of it would be to drain the appliances into a stand alone stand pipe so it would be pointless trying it out. Also the idea is working on the premise that the washing machine shoots in the drainage water with more force than the dish washer

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...r-when-not-in-use.575708/page-2#ixzz73p0m2FNL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back