washing machine keeps blowing the fuse

D

diane1

help!!

my indesit washer dryer gets to the end of its cycle (which helps)
then as its on its final spin...right at the end, theres a small bang and the l.e.d goes out.
changed the fuse in the plug several times so i know there is a problem, any hints as to what the prob is
+will it be expensive to have a guy round to fix it?

thanks, diane

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your appliance is faulty, the only way you will find out if it will be an expensive repair is to ask for estimates.

Sponsored Links
My w/m has been tripping the circuit for over a year, if its allowed to have the very very last spin, my partner knows when this is & turns machine off.
I havent masterd the art of this yet so I am banned from using the machine..hehehe

tockworth said:
prime suspect motor. Insulation or windings breaking down as on final spin motor draws maximum current

I was thinking it was the programe switch clicking to the last position, as my washing lady says it sometimes trips when she turns the dial. I think what she does it, with the machine off selects the wash required, switches on, then shuts the door for the machine to start. She is so clever I let her get on with it. You need to see how good she is with the iron as well. :LOL:

wow!! my machine only goes off on the very last spin too. ive just switched mine off too before the last spin as im out of new fuses!

i think i will save up for a new machine.

cheers all

diane ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back