Washing Machine leaking out of draw.. mains pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully the right place...

Relatively new washing machine randomly leaks water out of the draw. (bone dry on all hoses 100% comes out the draw where you add lcleaning iquid/conditioner etc..)

Feed is on mains pressure, manufacturer advised could be too high pressure, so I closed down the isolation tap on the feed to the washing machine, which has reduced the # of times the draw leaks - but this feels a bit wrong- I just don't expect this and all previous washing machines over 20 years have not had an issue.

Also 60% closing the 90 degree isolation tap means water flow is a lot noisier...

Cold feed hose fitted is the one that came with the machine... any other ideas or things I can try beyond 'send it back/buy a new one'.

Vendor support as rubbish as you'd expect, would be nice to sort myself.

ideas and wisdom appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Worth checking the outlet from the drawer is perfectly clear, most drawers can be removed by pressing a clip or some other device (usually well hidden!) powder etc can cause blockages even on a new machine (even might be a bit of packaging)

Sponsored Links
Our Beko does the same, I had it apart to clean out the routes from dispenser etc and everything was spotless.
I've also had to wind back the incoming pressure to stop it, very odd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back