Washing Machine making Gurgling noises from the sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had a new integrated washing machine fitted and now I get gurgling noises from the sinks, I inserted an Air Admittance valve in the system and even swapped it to the position with the large sink (thanks to The Novice for your advice) but that did not make any difference. On the second photo below I moved the Air Valve to behind so that it was after the P trap, the noise is now not as bad but it is still there. Can anyone help.

First attempt to solve the Gurgling noise layout.
Washing Machine layout.jpg

Second attempt to solve the Gurgling noise layout.
Wahing Machine layout 2.jpg

Birmingham

Sponsored Links
Does it gurgle from here (circled blue)? This appears to be open to atmosphere now.

Attachments

• B4B8473D-76F3-4CD7-819B-2C4BAAE8C0AF.jpeg
    B4B8473D-76F3-4CD7-819B-2C4BAAE8C0AF.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 867
Sponsored Links
I have a similar but even worse setupunder my sink - that hepv0 looks good and may help with the problems I have - cheers

Put the plugs in the sink, does it get quieter/disappear? Unfortunately you will always get gurgling noises from the sinks in that setup, it's the drain water from the appliances running into the empty waste pipe before the trap, it then reverberates up the pipe into the sink and that then acts as an amplifier. It's not gurgling from the trap so the AAV won't make much difference.

Only proper way to get rid of it is to put the appliances on their own standpipe with it's own trap.

The Novice, The area circled in blue is plugged, but I get you point to move the Air valve to that position.

Madrab, yes when I put the plug in the sink it does reduce the noise, but it will then come thru the small sink which does not have a seal on it as it acts as an overflow for the large sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back