Washing Machine on Laminate Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just laid a laminate floor in our kitchen and went right under the washing machine (this was to make it easier to get the machine in and out as read on here).

Now, when the machine is on the spin it vibrates around too much.

On the old lino floor there were no problems at all.

It seems to me as if the back pieces of the laminate are bouncing around on the underlay.

Should I take the laminate out from under the machine? Or put something else in there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I've just laid a laminate floor in our kitchen and went right under the washing machine (this was to make it easier to get the machine in and out as read on here).

Now, when the machine is on the spin it vibrates around too much.

On the old lino floor there were no problems at all.

It seems to me as if the back pieces of the laminate are bouncing around on the underlay.

Should I take the laminate out from under the machine? Or put something else in there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've always used integratewd appliances and fitted the flooring upto the machine, then used two boards secured to the floor seperately as runners to ease getting the machine out in future. All looks good and vibes don't go through toe hte main floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back