washing machine stuck on wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer advice? I have a Siemens washing machine WM16S493GB thats getting stuck on wash apart from on a rapid 15 wash. It gets to stuck on wash and won't move on. I got hold of a pcb and front panel cheaply but this has not solved the problem. Ive tried lowering the temp on a cycle to 30 degrees but still no joy. 30 degrees is the rapid 15 temp it works fine on?

Sponsored Links
If you try a hot wash, does it heat up?

If the heating element goes then it can get stuck on a wash but sometimes the quick wash does not have the programming requirement of the wash reaching the set temperature.

Thanks for your help.
Not sure if it does heat up.
Is there anyway of checking it is heating up - this is the fault? I thought of checking the water draining to see if hot? Or manually adding hot water on a 30 degree cycle via drawer to see if it worked?

Sponsored Links
If you stick it onto the hottest wash and put your hand on the glass, it should feel warm/hot after some time.

If it has not heated then it may be the cause of the programs getting stuck.
Some machines have to reach a set temperature before the program can advance.

It may have a blown heating element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back