washing machine waste into horizontal WC pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to site a washing machine next to a WC. The large soil pipe from the WC passes directly behind the washing machine. From reading around it sounds like I could put a boss onto the top of the soil pipe, fit a vertical hepvo trap and a length of 40mm pipe, and dangle the washing machine outlet into that.

Will this work?

Sponsored Links
Hepvo can you use them vertical

Yes. My understanding is it will act as a vented nonreturn valve in place of a trap so the brown stuff can't come up into the washer waste pipe. But I'm less clear about whether the washing machine waste might back up into the WC.

Sponsored Links
Is it not possible to connect to the vertical soil pipe?

I'd rather not have to put the waste pipe through the wall, it's second story and I don't like ladders! Is there anything wrong with my plan? Would it pass regs?

Is it not possible to connect to the vertical soil pipe?

I'd rather not have to put the waste pipe through the wall, it's second story and I don't like ladders! Is there anything wrong with my plan? Would it pass regs?

Ha ha, me neither, I'm ok up until about six rungs.

I'm not sure about the regs, maybe someone else can advise on that but can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You can connect a basin waste to a soil pipe (have done it and it worked fine) in fact you can buy special toilet pan connectors with a pipe connection boss built in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back