washing machine waste pipe into guttering down pipe ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please for a newbie :oops:
Would it be possible for me to run my washing machine waste pipe into the same point that the 68mm down pipe from the gutters feed into? I'm 99% sure it is a soak away but am unsure on build regs.
Thanks for any help.

Regards

Mark

Sponsored Links
you should only run the w.m. waste into the foul water system (sewer), and definately not into the storm system.

as should of said

its fresh water drain not sewer drain ..
go ahead

Sponsored Links
Find out if your sewers are combined or seperate systems, they speak for themselves, if its combined, then its no prob.

tawelfryn said:
Find out if your sewers are combined or seperate systems, they speak for themselves, if its combined, then its no prob.

OK, what's the best/easiest way to find out? hose pipe down the downpipe and lift the manhole to check for flow?

Mark

OK, what's the best/easiest way to find out? hose pipe down the downpipe and lift the manhole to check for flow?

I suppose you could, but you have to flush your toilet too, to see if that runs there also. If it does then its a combined system. To be really sure find out from your local authority

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back