Washing machine waste pipe end fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a New washing machine and the grey flexible waste pipe is slightly different to that on my old machine.
The new flexible waste pipe has a tapered rubber end as opposed to a smaller straight rubber end on the old one.

The old flexible waste fitted directly inside of the old waste pipe and was fitted quite far down the pipe.

The new tapered end fits the waste pipe but it only sits at the top of the waste pipe so I can not feed any of the flexible hose into the waste pipe.

In not sure if this is correct so can someone advise me If this normal of new washing machines or do I need to change something to avoid drainage issues when I use the machine.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its probably designed to connect to one of those under sink traps, but you can cut the tapered end off if you wish.
John :)

What do the fitting instructions say? That may be an adapter to fit to a waste connection on a sink trap, they may say it needs to be cut off for fitting to a standpipe.

Sponsored Links
Is it a Bosch?
Mine has the same. It's shaped so that it will wedge tightly in the top of a 40mm standpipe and not slip out.
Mine's been like yours is for years now and it's fine.

It's a John Lewis machine.

The instructions are in picture format and a really bad so they don't specific anything about cutting it off

I'll leave it wedged into the pipe and give it a test run.

If it turns out to be unreliable I'll cut the end off and feed it into the stand pipe.

Thanks all

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back