Washing Machine Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a bit of advice.

Our kitchen has been designed for us by B&Q. The integrated washer has been placed on an internal wall meaning the need for a run of waste pipe around the outside of the kitchen.

1 - What is the smallest pipe i can run, as the pipe will need to go behind the cooker at one point in the run.

2 - Will i be ok installing the P trap near the washing machine as high as possible under the units, then having a gradual fall after the p trap, round the kitchen then out of the external wall?

The run is aprox 4 meters, with two corners to go round. Is there anything that will stop this working, or as long as i have a fall will it be ok?

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
For a washing machine then you really want 40mm pipe to avoid any issues with the pipe not being large enough.
You really shouldn't have more than 3m on a 40mm run of pipe without adding an air admittance valve further down the pipework but you should be ok. Unless building control are involved.
You can fit the P-Trap anywhere you like but with something like that then you can consider other types, say a running trap with an air admittance valve in it, further down the run.

I would use swept bends as opposed to 90's, allows smoother flow, and if using solvent weld waste provide rodding eyes to allow access to clear should pipework ever bung up.

For a washing machine then you really want 40mm pipe to avoid any issues with the pipe not being large enough.
You really shouldn't have more than 3m on a 40mm run of pipe without adding an air admittance valve further down the pipework but you should be ok. Unless building control are involved.
You can fit the P-Trap anywhere you like but with something like that then you can consider other types, say a running trap with an air admittance valve in it, further down the run.

Thanks for the help. I didn't realise there was other types of traps I could use. Would there be a problem running the pipe all the way round the rooms and putting the trap closer towards the end of the run or should I be looking at the trap being as close to the washing machine as possible?

I've just seen a running trap, what benefit does this give over a p trap in my instance?

I have seen the sweeping bends and had planned on using them. :)

Sponsored Links
HepvO waterless trap. no need for AAV:

HU090010.jpg

http://www.hepvo.com/

your problem was described in the first few words - designed by B&Queue

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back