Trap for long washing machine waste pipe run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i am to have a long pipe run around the inside of the kitchen for washing machine waste, is it worth fitting a P trap somewhere along the run to prevent drain smells coming into the kichten. If so, wheres the best place to fit it? Immediately where the washing machine waste connects to the waste pipework?

Sponsored Links
oh dear.........erm.......on my waste pipe run at home, there was no trap connected onto the long runs of pipe. This was obviously before i started my plumbing course so i assumed it was ok. A plumber came in and had a look after the decorator said we should have had a trap fitted. He said it was ok! oops!

Surely you mean.....The plumber came first :idea: ..and said.... WTF do deccies know :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If i am to have a long pipe run around the inside of the kitchen for washing machine waste, is it worth fitting a P trap somewhere along the run to prevent drain smells coming into the kichten. If so, wheres the best place to fit it? Immediately where the washing machine waste connects to the waste pipework?

At first seems a ligitimate question, to which I would reply. Fit a wash mac trap (washing machine) behind or to the side of appliance.

Then came,

oh dear.........erm.......on my waste pipe run at home, there was no trap connected onto the long runs of pipe. This was obviously before i started my plumbing course so i assumed it was ok. A plumber came in and had a look after the decorator said we should have had a trap fitted. He said it was ok! oops!

So made me wonder what kind of plumbing course is it your on?.

city and guilds level 2. to be honest not impressed with the teaching, wasnt very structured the theory side and now that the course is over and i've started doing work, its become apparent the amount of basics they did not cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back