Waste Connection For Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Looking to add a toilet into an existing en suite that comprises of a sink and shower, at present the waste for both the shower and sink is a 40mm waste pipe that runs aprox 7m into the bathroom then out the exterior wall and into the stack (external), I would be looking to replace this 40mm pipe with 100mm but have a couple of questions.

1) Is a run this long allowed, I presume replacing the 40mm with larger diameter pipe would improve the run?

2) I am i right in thinking the pipe should drop 18mm every 1m, the joists are 8" deep so i should have around 3.5" to drop the run over its coruse.

3) Does the BCO have to inspect the work? In an ideal world i would just pull the existing pipe from the external wall, increase the diameter of the hole in the wall and feed the pipe through its orginal path from the outside of the house ( I am sure something under the floor will stop me, but its worth a try).

4) Any other potential pitfalls or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You're looking for a fall of 1 in 40, so you're struggling. Absolute minimum is 1 in 100, if the pipe's dead straight, even fall, no bends. BCO wouldn't like it though - ask them, they're friendly :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back