Waste pipe disconnected, what paste to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 30 yr old house, I noticed water leaking from the waste pipe from one of the upstairs toilets. The horizontal pipe goes from the sink to outside, on the outside wall there is an elbow and it is here that basically the pipe has come out of the elbow, leaving the water to run straight down the outside wall. I can push it back in but what sort of paste should I put on it once I clean it up.

Sponsored Links
If the joint has come apart and is leaking I would think it unlikely it'll would seal again, really need to remove the offending section and/or joint and remake with new pipe/fitting.

As a bodge you could push it back together and wrap some 'Denso' tape around it. (If using Denso tape, wear disposable gloves and use an old junior hacksaw to cut it, throw it away when finished. It is filthy stuff but does the job!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back