Waste Pipe Leak..... Ergh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

My waste pipe has an old fitting on it which is about 3 feet from the ground. It looks like some time ago someone fitted a pipe into the waste pipe but then changed their mind, and put a stop into it.

When ever we flush the toilet water seeps through the fitting and it's not particularly pleasant. I can't quite think of a way of taking that section of waste pipe out and replacing it as the waste has not up or down movement.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to cure this once and for all please as its not particularly pleasant to watch from the living room window.

Thanks
Duncan

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about a 40mm waste pipe connection fitting to a 110mm soil pipe? Has the actual fitting itself been blanked off and its failed?
A photo would help.

If its 110mm plastic soil pipe, you can cut that section out and graft a new piece in using a slip collar.

Sponsored Links
I have pics..... I'd like to remove the 2 pipe outlets and get rid of them.... If possible. Any ideas based on the pics please?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 232
Depends on what's at the bottom of the stack. If it's a push fit socket then as follows:

MAKE SURE THAT NOBODY FLUSHES A TOILET, RUNS A BASIN ETC ETC

1) Check that the higher level of the existing stack pipe is clipped/supported
2) Get a length of grey soil pipe about 300mm longer than the distance from the socket in the ground to the white access plug shown in your photo.
3) Get a 110 mm slip coupler
4) Get some pipe lubricant
5) Cut the existing stack at the length of the replacement piece (allowing for the insertion depth into the existing socket.
6) Chamfer and deburr both ends of the new piece.
7) Slide the slip coupler over the new length of pipe
8) Insert the pipe into the existing (ground level) socket
9) Bring the new piece in line with the old high-level section
10) Slide the slip coupler so that it is central over the join between new and old
11) Secure the new section to the wall with a couple of pipe clips (one above the new coupler and one below)

If the bottom of the stack isn't demountable then as above but cut the existing stack pipe about 300mm above ground and fit a double socket as a start point.

Make sure that your cuts are square and clean - deburr and chamfer any pipe edges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back