Waste pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance, first time buyer here gradually getting used to house problems and finding ways to solve them myself.

I have a water issue in the utility room, where wastewater from the washing machine somehow seems to creep out from the waste pipe and collects on the floor.

The house is 10 years old, and I could not detect any leaks from the pipes leading to the large waste pipe, i.e. combined sink & washing machine and boiler condensation.

It looks like the water is slowly creeping up from the right hand side of the reducer, as that is where the puddle starts to build, though I'm not sure how or why.

The utility room floor is approx. 20cm higher than the ground outside, and there are no obstructions in the sink pipe or large drain pipes. Have checked with a flexible rod and a little endoscope camera.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20170420_170515.jpg
    20170420_170515.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20170420_170453.jpg
    20170420_170453.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 123
  • 20170420_170459.jpg
    20170420_170459.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
The rubber reducer probably isn't sealing inside the top socket on the T.

The 40mm waste should be extended vertically and the condensate pipework refitted preferably in solvent weld.

Thanks. Following your suggestion I spent a bit more time crouched behind the washing machine, trying to pry the pipes loose when I heard a suspicious drop. Turns out that it was actually the condensation pipe that was leaking from a connection. As I couldn't get it off without quite some damage, I bought and applied some Fernox LSX, hope that does the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back