waste pipes help ( no stand pipe ?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i think i need to replace all the waste pipes under the sink. I need to find replacements for d/w and w/m as when my partner fitted waste for these i realised that water from drain and from w/m were in fact going into my d/w. my partner then went out and brought a part which stopped the water coming out of the pipe in both waste for d/w and w/m but when he did this he had to add lots of different segments to make the plastic piping join onto the new part ?????? no i don't understand either.but now the d/w waste is leaking so i was thinking maybe i should just start again from scratch but would still need the special part to stop water from entering the d/w or w/m. any ideas on what i would need to complete this job and what would be the best parts to get. please help as i cannot use any appliances until this is sorted. many thanks

Sponsored Links
thank you for replying to my post. i'm afraid no photo. i've just been to b&q where i purchased a 22mm out let hose end. my partner had brought slightly smaller end. with persistence and a lot of determination i have managed to whittle down the amount of parts my partner had put on the waste connection. i have just run the d/w and so far no leaks. the parts i was referring to earlier were the non return water valves (or so my other half says). i still feel i need to keep a look out for another non return valve so it can fit straight on the outlet rather than having lots of joints. i did also purchase a whole double nozzle trap waste system but my other half tells me we would have the same problem with water going through other appliances. so fingers crossed x

Fingers crossed then. Normally the wastes would be connected so gravity takes care of things, not quite sure what he's done to get crossflow back into the other appliance though!

Sponsored Links
Usually clipping the W/M and D/W hoses as high as possible under the worktop, so they form an inverted 'U' between the machine and sink is enough to prevent backflow unless there is another problem or blockage in the sink waste.

If the hose drops downwards from the waste connection to the machine it is inviting a backflow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back