Waste replacement Belfast sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like the bit in the sink (plughole) is screwed into the bit below and this seems to have snapped completely.

No problem, I thought, got replacement from screwfix. Fits well - apart from a side waste flex pipe. Seems this one is slightly smaller diameter than the one thats currently there.

Of course, I could replace the entire flex pipe (but I cant get up behind the sink to do this) with the new one in the new kit.
The washer from the old fitting wont fit into the new waste and new washer wont fit around the old flex pipe.

Whats best plan here? Find a washer that fits or something like wrap with tape?

Sponsored Links
I came to plumb in a Belfast sink, the waste supplied was just too small of a diameter, the one from the supplies was slightly too big. The plumbers merchand had one that fitted but had a standard plug. So after measuring the one that was too small and the one too big, I determined about 90mm was ideal, the customer ordered one on the internet and the pop up waste fitted perfect.

Yeh the main waste part fits fine - 90mm......

Its just the side waste pipe. Flexi tube seems a bit larger than the one supplied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back