Water always running out of pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got this pipe outside which is always making a sort of hissing noise so I’ve had a look & water is constantly coming out of the copper pipe. I’ve tried turning that blue fitting but all it does is make the water come out faster & then if I turn it back to how it was it’s still coming out just not as fast.
3D647C16-AEF2-40D0-B758-7E6A482A2C0D.jpeg91733B24-822E-4984-9A55-72B19435E385.jpegC63B4A4F-0008-44BC-90C0-76301674EFEB.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a pressure relief valve. What type of hot water and heating system do you have?

Looks like a pressure relief valve that's open / passing. Odd place to put it !!

Sponsored Links
PRV passing. Either the pressure is too high, or the PRV is leaking/failing to seal.

Why would a garden tap have a PRV?

I guess if the tap is always on, it may prevent the hose from bulging when the garden watering timer/etc is in an off state.

The garden tap appears to have no connection with the PRV. There are two copper pipes emerging through the wall, the supply to the tap and the other to the PRV.

?

In image number 3, the copper pipe looks like it runs down to the T junction where the "PRV" is I cannot see any copper pipes coming out of the wall. The only pipe I can see coming out of the wall is the plastic one in image 2. What am I missing?

?

In image number 3, the copper pipe looks like it runs down to the T junction where the "PRV" is I cannot see any copper pipes coming out of the wall. The only pipe I can see coming out of the wall is the plastic one in image 2. What am I missing?

Looking again at #3 you might be right. Where I thought the two pipes emerged looks as if it may be just an elbow, with some sort of hole in the wall behind it.

Tbh, looking at photo 3 that could be a copper Tee near the tap?

Tbh, looking at photo 3 that could be a copper Tee near the tap?

Looking at the image on a super high def laptop, the join to the left of the garden tap looks like an elbow- the other odd thing is that the copper pipe coming out of the ball/screw fixing valve (RHS) has a flared join, rather than a single 15mm copper pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back