Water based gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No, this is not one of those shall I/shan't I, water based versus oil based posts.

I have already decided to ditch oil based for water based but my question is, can I apply water based gloss with a roller? If so, which type?

My concern is that with water based paint drying so quickly I'm going to struggle painting doors quickly enough with a brush.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can't say that I have used a roller with the wb glosses. My concern would be the finish drying too fast to let the texture that the roller leaves fall out. Maybe a touch of floetrol will help as it keeps the gloss playable for longer. Don't forget the lay off the roller pattern with a decent synthetic brush though!

If your doing panelled doors do all the panels and edges first then by the time your finished they'll be dust dry and you can do the rest of the door.

Flush doors just roll and lay off, no reason why you can't use a short pile 9"

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses.

I keep reading about the magical Floetrol - looked it up on the internet and it looks like this could help. But where can I buy it? I'm near Romford, Essex.

Or is it only available online?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back