Water Based Gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I set about painting a panel door with some water based fast drying gloss - Crown Quick Dry Gloss - what a pain in the ass that is!

I treated it the same as oil based and made a hell of a mess. Basically it dried too quickly and I just kept pulling it about.

Any tips or tricks with this? If I wet the brush with water and tried to smooth out the brush marks with that would it work?

I'm liking the no smell nature of it, and the consistency of it is good too. Even like the quick drying principle - but maybe just a bit too quick. The oil based stuff would even out the brush marks for you after a while. This doesn't.

Sponsored Links
It takes a while to get used to, i havn't used the crown so don't know what its like, i use and what seems to be the most popular is johnstones aqua gloss.

Do the panels first, then go round the door keeping the wet edge, you have to work quickly, apply, lay off once or twice and leave it, don't go back, use a good synthetic damp brush, floetrol helps a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back