Water based over oil based continued

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous thread was locked due to going off topic.

dc dec i have a question for you, i collected my paint at 4.45 this afternoon to find out that, Sikkens rubbol satura BL has been discontinued aparantly, so the guy in the Dulux center has told me. instead he has given me Sikkens Cetol BL Opaque, i took it and said to myself i will do the research myself before i say anything. Fist of all after reading the tin, its for external use and has a semi-gloss finish. also i cant seem to find anything online stating that the satura BL has been discontinued. Can you shed any light on the matter or can anyone?

I shall be calling dulux in the morning as an anonamous caller to quiz them about the sikkens Satura BL then i shall be letting them know who i am after the responce i get.

Just thaugt id see what responce i get off here also .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I can find it on many websites for sale but thats not to say its not stock that they still have, really i want to find out if the guy at the dulux center is fibbing and if he is.... why.... and why has he given me this as an alternative.....

Also this is odd..... on the sikkens website it states a "Gloss- like finish"

http://sikkens.trade-decorating.co.uk/products/sikkens_cetol_bl_opaque.jsp

On the tin- " Water born opaque satin"

Confused or what??

Thats news to me Sparky and i hope its wrong as its taken a while to find a decent WB undercoat. Might be better to ring Sikkens although i have to say they always seem a bit clueless, i'm still waiting for a call back about their magura gloss. Cetol is part of the woodcare range and is no good as an internal undercoat for paint, think you had the misfortune of meeting a complete muppet in the dulux centre!
Was it the same guy that told you it was discontinued? I buy mine here

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/s/SIKRBLP/

Let us know how you get on

Sponsored Links
Yea same guy that told me that yes, i am contacting dulux tomorow and if they tell me its not discontinued i shall be getting them to contact the branch i am using as i am fed up with them to be honest.

Looking on the sikkens website, the number to contact them on is the same number i have to contact ICI paints, ( i know its the same company) it will be the same dep ill be calling

Yeah i think your right, i just call the number thats on the sikkens website too.

be interesting to see what they say, i'd be very surprised if its discontinued. (not to mention annoyed)!

I am fumming again because of dulux again...... why give me a paint for external use, why state a satin finish on the tin and a gloss finnish online........ all the woodwork is primed up ready for a top coat of satura BL and i get something compleatly different...... delay delay delay!!!!

dcdec, the guy in the dulux decorater center was bullshitting, sikkens satura bl is not discontinued, the guy at the head office couldnt understand why he said that to me, so he called him himself and now the paint im ment to be getting will be here tomorow or Thur. Couldnt complain about the salesman with ICI dulux head office but there is a head office address/ number to complain about the decorator center.... :)

Thought it was a bit dodgy but had me worried there for a minute, hopefully the guy in DDC will get one removed at a time with a blunt knife

Got the Sikkens...... and i have just applied it to one side of a door to test it out and i must say i do like it...... you really do have the play of an oil based paint, is alot easier to apply than the dulux acrylic primer also..... i have just applied it to one door so i havent exectly got experiance using it but i must say it is as you said dc dec..... watch the corners and your sorted :).... i just hope the water based sticks to the oil based or i duno what ill be doing next..... would probs be easier to move house lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back