Water between shiplap and membrane/building paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got a second hand shed delivered which is(apart from the floor/bearers) in vgc- but the bloke(time served joiner) that delivered it laid the sections flat in the garden. on shifting them tonight I've realised that when it rained the water has gone through and pooled on the membrane below(which is sandwiched between the studs and cladding, no strapping to keep the cladding off the membrane).

I've stood the panels up and let gravity do it's work but now my concern is that the inside of the cladding will never dry out- so should I just take a stanley knife and cut the paper away from the inside or should it be ok with time- ie will there be some element of breathability from the outside?

Any advice appreciated....

Sponsored Links
no rash moves please lol
any pictures is there a gap between shiplap and paper

wood will only rot at around 19% moisture it should breath a bit dependant on circumstances

is it nailed or screwed ??

No gap, imagine frame coveredw with paper then shiplap nailed on to that, nails running vertically up the studs.so the excess water has passed downwards between the horizontal studs/paper and the cladding. just concerned if its damp between paper and cladding it will affect it long term? Mind you suppose a lot of sheds like this probably get put up in the pouring rain...

It'll evaporate in days - just forget about it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back