Water by refrigerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I've got a American styles amsung rsh5shmh refrigerator. I noticed thst most morning I find a small pool of water on yhe floor at the bottom of the freezer door. I've read it's probably the drain tube clogged but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it is? Ta

Sponsored Links
Dunno about yours but when our fridge starts pooling water in the fridge, there is a blocked drain which is found at the bottom of a 'V' on the back panel inside the fridge. It has a little 'swizzle' stick in it to poke up and down a bit to clear the 'ole! Sometimes the hole is blocked further down than the stick will reach so I use a long cable tie. The drain leads condensation down to a dish on top of the fridge Motor which evaporates from the heat of the motor.

706DCEE8-1D58-4636-8050-748661AE36F9.png

As above. Just try poking something flexible through the drain hole, like a single core of a three core flex. Idea is it should drain out to a sponge, from which it should then evaporate using the waste heat from the motor.

Another possibility if it is pooling outside the door, is that the insulation of the door is failing and moisture is condensing on it.

Hmmmm...I canr seem to locate it, perhaps I need to remove some sort of panel...gonna take a closer look as the freezer is full of stuff..

Sponsored Links
Yep had this very recently, used an old wire coathanger to clear it. Discovered a boiler leak the same day. :rolleyes:

Well I had a look in the fridge I couldn't find any drain hole at the bottom..I think this one probably has got at the back of the fridge..gonna be difficult moving itvaway from the wall and on top of lino

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back