Water dripping in to my living room :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone can give advice on the most likely cause of the issue or how much I should expect to be quoted I'll be extremely grateful.

We have water dripping down 1 (outside facing and upstairs) living room wall. We think it is because of one of three reasons: 

1. About 4 months ago we had a chimney stack removed as all the internal masonry had been removed and it wasn't properly supported. It was a few foot back from the edge of the wall that is now leaking. We think it possible it wasn't sealed properly. 

2. The plastic (fascia?) underneath the edge of the tiles is collecting water and it's soaking through. I think this the most likely as someone's had a look in the attic and apparently you can see some daylight through where the fascia is on the outside. The beam that goes across looks damp and you can see where the concrete inside has become wet. On the inside the water is dripping evenly across the whole wall so I don't think it's just some random crack somewhere in the wall.

3. There is a crack in the concrete on that wall that you can see on the inside of the attack. It's possible this is letting the water in that's soaking the beam (think it's called the collar but not sure) thats then dripping down the wall. I have photos of the leakage in the living room, the inside of the attic where the water is coming in and the outside of the house.

Many thanks in advance,
Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Or answer my question, as the answer depends on
if you need a plumber or roofer.

Andy

Sorry for delay in my response, was supposed to get an email alert but didn't! The water only seems to appear after heavy rain. Checked album setting on here and imgur and says viewable by everyone.. did you mean album settings here or on imgur?

Thanks for response

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back