water drips from radiator and pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please. The flat upstairs installed a boiler and a copper drain. Now we hear water dripping in at least three places - near her boiler and near her radiator in the living room and her radiator in the bedroon. We complained that water is dripping and we hear this sound all night. I am recording it now with intervals of 2 to 4 minutes. What is the best way to investigate? I was told this is a nuisance, furthermore, my ceilings have started to stain in all three areas. Is this a plumbing issue, a radiator issue, a boiler issue, or all of the above?

Sponsored Links
The best way to investigate is get her to call out an emergency plumber.
My crystal ball cannot see through ceilings as well as you can.
Pete

Thanks Pete. There was an emergency plumber who came and looked at the flat. He claimed there was no water leak but he did not look at the radiators because he is not a heating engineer. The dripping is most intense at night. If you know about plumbing, is it possible that the pipes underneath the floorboards are leaky or the radiators themselves are leaking? This started to happen only when the boiler was installed.

It could be a whole host of reasons a couple being.

New boiler normally means the pipework is chemically flushed which can cause leaks.

Maybe the system is now pressurised too much or the filling loop is letting by finding weak spots in the system.

Have the radiator valves been replacd with trvs thermostatic rad valves if so these may have not been correctly sealed.

She should get back the boiler installer to sort the leaks out.

Pete

Sponsored Links
He claimed there was no water leak but he did not look at the radiators because he is not a heating engineer.

Doesn't sound like a very good plumber. Your ceilings are stained means there is a leak, and a heating engineer or not, he should still have the know how to look at radiator pipes, vales and fittings.

What did he actually look for when he was in the flat upstairs?... Dripping taps??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back