water everywhere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow worm compact e100 combi boiler.(lucky me)
I had been having problems with hot water, somebody told me to check the thermistor, i turned electric supply of but forgot to isolate water. When i removed the thermistor water went everywhere. I mopped most of it up and tried to dry electrics with hairdryer. When i turned it back on "power on" light appears "winter setting light" appears "central heating demand" light appears but BURNER IGNITED light does not, no sign of boiler light. When i turn everything on it clicks when i turn thermostat on no central heating it just clicks. any ideas and yes i am a plonker.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. Could you explain what you mean by take the plugs of the pcb? I do not want to make things worse, lacking a bit of confidence after my last incident. Thanks

Sponsored Links
the water collects inside the plugs you may have dried the board and still have a short inside the plug/s :cry:
you may well have shot the board as well :cry: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back