boiler lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a glow worm compact e100, i recently checked, bled my radiators no air was found everything seems ok. However when i turn the thermostat on to turn central heating on "boiler lockout" light comes on. i press the reset button and boiler ignites and seems to run fine. I never had the problem prior to bleeding radiators so i am assuming the two things are linked? any ideas? (I repressurized the system to just over 1 bar.)

Also an ongoing problem is receiving hot water i have had the diaphram replaced but have been told to replace the domestic hot water micro switch, could someone tell me which microswitch is the hot water one is it the 2 core one or the 3 core one i phoned a boiler parts supplier but he did not know i assume its the one on the left when looking at it?

Sponsored Links
Did the pressure reduce significantly when you bled the radiators? Try raising the pressure to 1.5 Bar, the lockout light AFAIR is also used by the low pressure sensor. It is possible the sensor has failed/blocked.

The hot water microswitch is on the right, AFAIR it has 3 wires but the in-line connector back to the board only uses 2 of them.

I have found waterlogged microswitches (from a leaking gland seal) can cause a "lockout" fault.

Other possiblities are overheating, otherwise all lockout problems will involve the flue/burner pressures etc so corgi only.

Be aware that now you have bled the radiators the pressure may rise significantly with the heating on. The expansion vessels on these boilers are often flat (the valve is in a dumb place)...read FAQ's on vessels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back