Country
United Kingdom
my manual says max dhw flow rate from appliance = nominally 8.0 lt/min
but under that it says?
equivalent dhw flow rate to give a temp rise of 30 degrees = 11.5 il /min
and under that it says?
equivalant dhw flow rate to give a temp rise of 35 degrees = 9.8 lt/min
my question is what is the flow rate when i turn on the hot tap on full
what flow rate should i have using a weir guage?

Sponsored Links
Thats the point of using the weir gauge to determine what your flow rate is.
Then adjust the flow and check temperature.

Gasman1015 said:
Thats the point of using the weir gauge to determine what your flow rate is.
Then adjust the flow and check temperature.
yes but its says max flow rate is 8lt/min so how does it rise to 11.5

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
cos the slower it runs the hotter it gets
what i dont understand when it says the max flow rate is 8 lt/ min
but yet it says you can get 35 degrees at 11.5 lt/ min

easy you have (for the sake of ) 24 kw going in if the flow is at the bottom figure it will get hotter than if it is at the top figure

a certain amount of heat etc
ie a BTU

kevplumb said:
easy you have (for the sake of ) 24 kw going in if the flow is at the bottom figure it will get hotter than if it is at the top figure

a certain amount of heat etc
ie a BTU
sorry if i sound a bit thick with this one but if it says the max dhw flow rate from the tap is 8 lt/ min how would i raise it to 11.5 lt/min

It is not telling you the flow rate through your tap, only the expected temperate at that specific rate.
The flow rate through the tap is is determined by your supply and how much you open the tap.

OI it WOULD HELP to know whatt he appliance is!!!!!!!

Many combis have flow regulators (not just a valve) to give a preset flow rate. Sounds like yours is 8 l/min. They DO that so that the water is hot enough for a bath. In the winter the incoming water is only maybe 5 degrees. Most of us bathe at about 45 so a 40 degree rise is required. Some combis have no regulator, sometimes it's just a screw.

The figures are quoted for different rates just so you can compare with other combis. But all combis of the same rating (ie like 24kW) give the same so there's little point. Potterton use a different method so their figures come out higher, I'm told.

On most combis you can take the flow retrictor out - then it's just down to the setting of the tap , as them above said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back