Hot water pressure - combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could any body offer me some advice about the sort of hot water pressure I should be expecting?

I have a ferroli condensing combi boiler about a year old.
The cold mains supply is approximately 12 litres a minute, the hot water comes out about 5-6 litres a minute.
In the boiler spec it gives the hot water rates as follows:
Hot tap water supply change 25 degrees - 13.8 l/min
Hot tap water supply change 30 degrees - 11.5 l/min
Hot tap water supply change 35 degrees - 9.8 l/min
I dont have the temperaure up very high!
I've turned the boiler off and still only get 5-6 litres a minute cold water through the hot tap!
Is this normal, or does it sound like a poor flow to the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If your cold water supply into your property is 12 lpm then that is very poor. Best get that checked out first by your local water company. You need to also check the incoming pressure from the mains as well as the flow rate.

12l/min is not a good flow rate even if it is normal for Yorkshire Water. If that's all they can provide you need to look at some kind of booster set up to give decent flow rates. You can fit a complete booster package or a cistern in the roof space with a separate booster pump. Alternatively, if your mains pressure is good, you may be able to fit an accumulator.

Sponsored Links
This is the flow from your kitchen tap, which is often only fed through a 10mm tube connection to the mains; hardly the same as 15mm or 22.
this test was not designed to check the supply capacity to he house, but to check if the system pressure meets the minimum mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back