Water hammer due to zone valve closing

If Honeywell valve bangs, change it for one that has a paddle instead of ball mechanism

Sponsored Links
They wont have been fitted the wrong way round , they were probably the right way round, then when your installer fitted the new boiler they swapped the flow and return around as it was easier for them so now the zone valves are the wrong way round

Possibly, but the pump must have been reversed.
A pic would be useful

Sponsored Links
I came across this post looking for solutions to the same problem... Thanks for all the support on here - my two Drayton valves were also the wrong way around (no arrows on the body, had to look in the installation manual)

I came across this post looking for solutions to the same problem... Thanks for all the support on here - my two Drayton valves were also the wrong way around (no arrows on the body, had to look in the installation manual)

Glad you found a fix. It is a bit weird reading through posts from 2018, but your post will, hopefully reassure/help other people that stumble across this thread. Kudos.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back