water hammer .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks, water hammer occurs with all of the taps in my house, both toilets and the washing machine. I had a couple of arrestors fitted and the problem went away for a couple of hours so I guess something must have triggered it again. I recently switched off the stopcock and drained the remaining water from the pipes. On switching the stopcock back on I found that the noise had stopped; alas it started up a few hours later :(( Any thoughts on how to track down the cause would be appreciated. I'm not quite sure why draining the water from the pipes 'fixes' it for a short period of time.

Sponsored Links
poss when re-opening the stopcock you had air in the pipework acting as an arrestor.
are the arrestors pressurised ? if not they won't work.

Sponsored Links
HI

come across this before.washer in the mains stop tap loose/worn.even better replace the stop tap.i was taught this in college.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back