Water heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grandad has moved from his home into a care home due to old age and not being able to look after himself properly, his bungalow does not have any hot water or heating.

This is a hypothetical question:

The cheapest way to install hot water would be via a water heater, but if you put a water heater over a sink where do you put the fused spur, 3m away? now its over the bath, or do you put it on the the wall behind i.e its now outside the bathroom?

it just got me thinking what would I do in a situation like this, to be on the safe side I'd put it on the wall behind but then does that put it under no local isolation.

Sponsored Links
You wont heat a bath efficiently or quickly (and certainly wont get a deep bath) with an instantaneous heater, unless it is a 9-12kw type installed outside the room and feeding the standard taps. Even this would not be too efficient or quick.

And immersion heater in a hot water cylinder would be far better.

You could get away with an oversink in the kitchen, and the spur should be 300mm from the edge of the sink - although there is actually no regulation governing this distance - it is an NIC recommendation.

thanks for the reply, yes I see your point about the bath but what about over the sink in the bathroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back