Water leak garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a drainpipe that runs off my high roof onto the garage roof, never had issue until now. We had a torrential storm the other night and water ran down the corner of my garage inside.
the drainpipe points the water not down the lead but across the tiles towards the middle of the roof, is this the right way ?
I had a look and it looks like me the water hit the tiles sides and went back towards the lead flashing that sticks up a bit and I think the water ran in-between the lead and the tiles letting water in so I have put a bit of sealant down the side of the lead is that ok
what should I have done ? .

my lead flashing on the front of the house over the bay window is coming out of the wall so I have ordered some lead pointing sealant and hall clips , should I use this to seal the garage roof under and down the side of the lead

all ideas welcome, thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back