Water leaking out of boiler and loud noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Have a Vaillant VCWGB221H, the GC code is 4704414, combi boiler.

It's been leaking water, probably for some months from up inside the boiler. I haven't been living in the house so not sure how long.

Last week it started making noise described "like a Spitfire" by my ex and he turned it off.

Dad came round tonight thinking it was just leaking pipes.

He looked and said he thinks it's the "heat exchanger or transfer" and I'll need a new boiler?

Got my uncle coming over on the weekend who is CORGI registered.

Can anyone advise, is the boiler completely dead or repairable?

House is up for sale, relationship breakdown, I'm not even living there and I can't really bear to have to pay for a whole new heating system when it should be sold in the next few months :(

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Can I kiss you???

Also, I've seen this part, would it be worth buying it, on the off chance it may be the one?

(It's a safe link to an ebay page, I shrunk it so stop it stretching the thread)

http://tinyurl.com/ytr729

I wouldnt buy anything on the off chance. And that part has now been suprseded. if you're not living there what's the hurry.

Sponsored Links
if you're not living there what's the hurry.

My ex is living there, it's freezing and I need to show people around the house to sell it :(

I can't sell it without heating.

Add to that a radiator leaked in the front room and it now needs a new carpet, replastering and redecorating :cry:

Do not buy it from fleabay. It is the old model and is bound to be defective or at best just old. The new one is much better. Besides, you don’t know that this is actually the culprit.
The boiler you have is a tank, only downside is that it can be a bit temperamental when dirt builds up inside. Keep your system clean and serviced annually and it should last for years.

My ex is living there, it's freezing and I need to show people around the house to sell it :(

I can't sell it without heating.

Add to that a radiator leaked in the front room and it now needs a new carpet, replastering and redecorating :cry:

sabotage?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back