water meter advice please.

J

jerholdsworth

hi,i am just looking for impartial advice on having a water meter fitted from you nice people.
will i get lower water bills if i have one,i have a 2 bedroom flat,combi boiler,wash machine,no garden pond or swimming pool and mrs holdsworth has moved out,
:D :D :D :D :) :) :) .
thames water area and have one of those external stop taps in the pavement,which accepts a meter with no alterations.

thanks. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what you pay now and your water useage.

If you are careful and take short showers then about 120 li/day!

Most better flats are better off with a meter.

Many council flats might not be!

Sponsored Links
thanks agile,well i probaly have same water bills as you as we are local, no i got that very wrong as you are a gas engineer and probaly have a 10 bed mansion in hampstead.

my water bills halved when i got a meter only 10% off that was water saving measures
the rest was lower costs
i have a 3 bed house with 2 adults
bills from £240 down to £120

5 bed in NW2 not NW3 ! Band H. BBC engineer when I bought it. Its on a meter.

But the water rates are totally arbitrary in many cases. My mother with a four bed in Cornwall was paying about £150 pa when the average in Cornwall is over £400pa.

Some expensive flats in London are about £600 and can reduce to £200 with a meter.

thanks again for advice,i am going to contact thames water or what ever they will be called on monday and arrange the meter.

Check what you pay now.

Then do the calcs and see what savings you can achieve!

Take into account any possible future additions to the household. Mrs Holdsworth might come back!

agile.if i save money i will buy you a curry meal for us,please bring along your partner but leave your laptop and gas books at home.(eat in, if enough money saved) i will pay for drinks aswell for 1 hour.
now then,now then. ;)

big-all,thanks for reply.
:oops: that uswitch site mentions toilet useage,i love curry and real ale so i failed their search well i am just being honest.
:D

yup bishops finger spitfire old hookey and madrass pure pleasure :eek: :D

big-all.please stop following me around.
i was at lidil 90 minutes ago and i bought bishops finger,spitfire and hogbollin and chicken masalla microwave meal.
more beer than meal.all i can say they do a do a very good price on them big bottles.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
unable to edit due to bishops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back