Water penetrating through wallthat I

is the roof picture finished? Isn't the cavity totally exposed? Apologies if you said an older photo before it was finished. Oh, you said not finished.

Could the insulation have got totally saturated and very slowly drying out still? That would have filled with water if there was heavy rain.

Sponsored Links
Could the insulation have got totally saturated and very slowly drying out still? That would have filled with water if there was heavy rain.

It is now finished, with grp over the parapet. It’s possible the insulation is completely saturated as the builders took about 1/2 a year to build this thing. If that is the case though, I would have thought it would be a lot more damp on the whole wall. Seems strange it’s starting in certain patches on the wall?

It is now finished, with grp over the parapet. It’s possible the insulation is completely saturated as the builders took about 1/2 a year to build this thing. If that is the case though, I would have thought it would be a lot more damp on the whole wall. Seems strange it’s starting in certain patches on the wall?

I trust they haven't just taken the GRP over the top of the parapet wall. The wall should have some kind of capping to shed water away from the wall.

I trust they haven't just taken the GRP over the top of the parapet wall. The wall should have some kind of capping to shed water away from the wall.

Yes, I’ve specifically requested that to be done for now, as we didn’t like the look of a coping stone on top of the parapet. We would probably eventually get an aluminium capping put in at a later date once it’s rendered and we have an exterior cornice.

So for now, the the detail is top of parapet wall, DPM under osb3 tapered towards the roof. Grp from the roof up the wall and over the osb on the parapet. See attached pdf from the grp suppliers

Attachments

• AT195.pdf
    378.2 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
The detail you posted is for an upstand within the roof not a parapet wall. How is your detail finished along the outer edge of the wall? Could water be tracking back under the sloping OSB board and dripping down the cavity/inner skin of blockwork? I think we need more photos, with or without squirrels.

Sorry took me a while, finally moved back into the house and could take this picture in day light.

Haven’t seen any damp coming through the dot and dab plasterboard, but would take the stance, because I can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there. So still want to do what I can to remediate.

Attachments

• 1C967440-5780-47A2-8AC3-CEC6A9C83271.jpeg
    1C967440-5780-47A2-8AC3-CEC6A9C83271.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 114

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back