Water pipes and bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully a quick question...

Just wanted to check if I should have a bleed valve in my loft for my water pipes?

The property is a bungalow with a combi boiler, the highest part of pipework is where it goes into the loft, over to the kitchen and then down the wall and feeds the taps.

At the top point should there be a valve of some description to let out any air that may get trapped? if so what sort of valve should I fit?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Sponsored Links
Is air getting trapped there? If not, you don't have a problem. Lucky you.

lucky me? thats not what I was saying yesterday trying to level kitchen units.... another story mind.

Pretty sure there will be air trapped there but cant tell yet as the sink/taps are yet to be fitted.

Originally these pipes fed a washing machine before it was removed, since then the house has been converted from a tank fed hot water system to a combi boiler (due to putting in ch) and since havnt been used.

When it was a tank fed system the tank was the highest point now the pipes are, as I have just had to remove the washing machine connectors and put tap connectors on all the water in the pipe has come out and my thoughts are that when I turn the water on again not all the air will be expelled, so my question would be what sort of vavle/bleed thingy would I need to put in the pipework?

Hope that all makes sense and someone may be able to help :)

You won't have a problem. Forget about air vents. Find something else to worry about.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back