Water pressure too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I got a new boiler installed yesterday and so far not so good. The water pressure is way too low? somehow it has affected it and when i run the tap, it starts off good, but then in a couple of seconds, the tap will have no water coming out. I also tried this for my bathroom when i run the bath, the water seems to stop completely. I also realised that if one tap is turned on, the others won't work. The model of the boiler is a ---Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28--- This was never a problem with my old boiler, and I have no clue what is wrong, can i have some help? May I also mention that the central heating is fine and there is no problem with it.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked to see if all mains stopcocks are open? Including the one under the boiler?

What was your previous boiler?
Was it also a combi?

Have you checked to see if all mains stopcocks are open? Including the one under the boiler?

What was your previous boiler?
Was it also a combi?

Yes my previous boiler was also a combi & I'm new to this and know nothing about it, here's a photo

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 332
Did your installers demonstrate the system to you after it was fitted? Was it working then?

Sponsored Links
Do all your cold taps work as they should? Is it just the Hot that's not going?

Did your installers demonstrate the system to you after it was fitted? Was it working then?
Do all your cold taps work as they should? Is it just the Hot that's not going?

I didn't think it would have been a problem so I didn't ask many questions. The cold water tap starts off really strong, then gradually loses all the water flow.

Is this cold water tap at the kitchen sink? And do you have an outside tap? Does this drop of to a poor flow?

Your mains cold would not have been affected by a new boiler install! I can only think that your mains stopcock is not fully open... Check both internal and the water boards stopcock (in the street).

Can you not call your installers?

Is this cold water tap at the kitchen sink? And do you have an outside tap? Does this drop of to a poor flow?

Your mains cold would not have been affected by a new boiler install! I can only think that your mains stopcock is not fully open... Check both internal and the water boards stopcock (in the street).

it's the kitchen, and toilet sink plus the bath tub. Can you point out which one is the stopcock? as i said i know nothing about this. I called them up yesterday to see if i could get any help. The kitchen sink is a mixer and so is the bath tap, but the toilet sink is not a mixer.

Last edited:
If you don't know where your stopcocks are then, no offense meant, I'd definitely call them round to deal with it!
Might be an idea also to check with your neighbours to see if they have reduced flow to their cold taps... Which would mean water board are doing some works upstream that is affecting supply... It's a rare coincidence but I've had similar not 2 weeks ago!

If you don't know where your stopcocks are then, no offense meant, I'd definitely call them round to deal with it!
Might be an idea also to check with your neighbours to see if they have reduced flow to their cold taps... Which would mean water board are doing some works upstream that is affecting supply... It's a rare coincidence but I've had similar not 2 weeks ago!

yeah haha none taken, it's all too confusing for me

If it was just your hot water not flowing, then I would have been thinking along the lines of a restriction on the cold feed to the boiler, be it an unopen inlet valve or debris caught in the inlet filter!

As for stopcocks, try finding the one directly outside your property, small black cover, open it up and you should see a white dial that you can turn 90 degrees, it should be in line with the body it sits on... If you're in an apartment block or it's an old style stopcock - don't get involved, call the fitters. Also check stopcock that's hopefully under your sink to make sure it's fully open anti-clockwise. That's the best I can offer at this distance (y)

image.jpeg

In the ground outside your house... This one has a black 'key' on right, which you turn fully anti-clockwise to open.

image.jpeg

Internal stopcock under sink - something like this but you should have handle on spindle not lying on base of unit - hopefully:D

If it was just your hot water not flowing, then I would have been thinking along the lines of a restriction on the cold feed to the boiler, be it an unopen inlet valve or debris caught in the inlet filter!

As for stopcocks, try finding the one directly outside your property, small black cover, open it up and you should see a white dial that you can turn 90 degrees, it should be in line with the body it sits on... If you're in an apartment block or it's an old style stopcock - don't get involved, call the fitters. Also check stopcock that's hopefully under your sink to make sure it's fully open anti-clockwise. That's the best I can offer at this distance (y)

View attachment 92207
In the ground outside your house... This one has a black 'key' on right, which you turn fully anti-clockwise to open.

View attachment 92208
Internal stopcock under sink - something like this but you should have handle on spindle not lying on base of unit - hopefully:D
ok, thanks for everything! I will try that

it's the kitchen, and toilet sink plus the bath tub. Can you point out which one is the stopcock? as i said i know nothing about this. I called them up yesterday to see if i could get any help. The kitchen sink is a mixer and so is the bath tap, but the toilet sink is not a mixer.

You should really know where your mains stopcock is, and how to use it. What would you do in the event of a burst pipe, just stand there letting water flood your house until someone could get there to help, maybe in a couple of hours?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back