Water-proof paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes - sorry if it isn't! The post starts off about a leaky garage, but I really want to know what paint to buy hence the post here :)

I have a garage that leaks. Its a sectional concrete garage and the surrounding area is water logged. Water is coming in through the joints by the sections, and also appears to be rising from the concrete floor. Its not flooding, but its bad enough to ruin things that are left on the floor over the winter.

I intend to sort the surrounding area out next year by the use of french drains and a sump-pump. Until then I still want to work in my garage and get it slowly turned into a mechanics workshop.

I was intending to paint the walls white, and the floor red or blue like a commercial garage/workshop. I want the paint to be as waterproof as possible to keep any water out from the joints in the contrete sections.

I realise method I use to keep the water out, might also keep the water in, but I was thinking if the floor is painted I might be able to mop it at least, something that I can't do at the moment because of the concrete.

Can anyone recommend some paint to use inside the garage? Waterproof, masonry paint thats hard wearing and is cheap :)

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
A good oil based floor paint is all that you can use really. This may still be affected by the water ingress though.

Can you recommend any by brand or link to a place where i can get some? I don't want to buy the wrong stuff and find out afew months after I;ve painted it!

Sponsored Links
But you can only get it in London Bus Red - after leyland stopped making busses...... :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back