Water pump playing up ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ...my warmflow oil burner has started to play up, it comes on but there is no warm water nor does the radiators heat up, the only thing i have done lately is take a rad... off in the bath room to paint behind it how do i know if my water pump is not working, i cant seem to think what would becausing it, do i need a plumber or just some one who services boilers any help would be great thx

Sponsored Links
When was the boiler last serviced..Has it been done in the last 12 months?

If you removed a radiator you may have an air lock! Have you bled the radiators?

Locate the cetral heating pump....remove the small chrome screw from the front of the pump.switch on the central heating and put a small screw driver into the hole on the pump; is the impellor turning..if not you may need a replacement pump!

If all else fails you need to contact a oil boiler engineer to service the system..or at least a plumber who is competent in oil boilers; preferably OFTEC registered!

Sponsored Links
you have taken a radiator off... this means you will have lost a bucketful of water.

Sometimes the syst does not refill correctly due to a blockage (if you have an open system with a feed & expansion tank in the loft). If you bleed the highest radiator in your house, does water squirt out forcefully, and continue to squirt until you tighten the bleed screw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back