Water resistant iPod Touch

BOC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son and his iPod are inseperable. When we were on holiday he had it with him all the time - including the day he spent 20 mins swimming with it in his shorts :(

Needless to say it was very wet and unresponsive when he got out. I drained the water out and used a hair dryer (on cool) for a bit but with no joy. Then someone suggested that I bury it in a bowl of uncooked rice for a few of days.

On day four (apart from spending 20 mins trying to get a grain of rice out of the charger port) all was well :eek: The thing works perfectly!

I was truely amazed.

Sponsored Links
My son and his iPod are inseperable. When we were on holiday he had it with him all the time - including the day he spent 20 mins swimming with it in his shorts :(

Needless to say it was very wet and unresponsive when he got out. I drained the water out and used a hair dryer (on cool) for a bit but with no joy. Then someone suggested that I bury it in a bowl of uncooked rice for a few of days.

On day four (apart from spending 20 mins trying to get a grain of rice out of the charger port) all was well :eek: The thing works perfectly!

I was truely amazed.

i am truly amazed as well that someone clever enough to use and enjoy an ipad is stupid enough to use it in the pool

I remember my Uncle Benn telling me about that little trick.

Sponsored Links
Back