Water retained in Bosch washing machine after draining.

Duh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Bosch WFX 3268GB/23 washing machine. It never fully removes the water between rinses, and at the end of a wash. The result was a stinking machine (and clothes) due to a mould build up. I've sorted this by doing regular blind boil washes, and being assiduous about mopping up all water visible after a load.

I'm very fed up with having to remove so much water at the end of a wash: over quarter of a pint from front drain hose, then quarter of a pint from lint trap/pump cap. No lint or other debris is ever present.

How much water should be retained in the lint trap? Quarter of a pint is a pain to remove after each wash. I have to remove it as this water could be carrying dye from clothes, which I don't want added to the next wash.

Interestingly, you can see water roiling through the lint trap (pump) cap during a spin. It doesn't all get drained. When spin stops, this water audibly glugs, and then presumably spreads between the two outlet chambers.

Is my pump failing? Could the pump be blocked? The impeller seems to move freely, though there's a little resistance before it moves in the next circuit, but I understand that this could be normal. The machine feet are properly adjusted so that the machine is level.

Any ideas from you guys are good ideas, as I and my partner are out of them.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You can some help on schematics from the Bosch support site

https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop/bosch/gb/prodp.htm?prod=WFX3268GB/23

Model code can be enetered in the top right search box

to your problem

You may have a partially blocked tube to the pressure switch which would
cause the machine not to fully empty.

This is easily checked on page 4 of the diagrams 0419 is the pressure
switch and you can see the pipe that runs down the side to the drum.
Plug out,remove lid and pull the pipe away from the bottom of the pressure
switch -simply blow down it -there should be no resistance.

It is usual to have some water in the sump and drain pump housing but
in your case it seems a lot.

In hard water areas the waste pipe from the drain pump(0430) can get
furred up making the pump work harder and then it will eventually
wear out.

you should remove the above drain pipe and throughly clean it out as well
as making sure your waste outlet further down line has no restriction.

hope this helps!

• Thanks
Reactions: Duh
If I read this right you are finding water in the drum at the end of the wash (there will always be water in the sump and filter)

First thing then is to check the waste hose is not syphoning.

If it goes into a stand pipe ensure it is not all the way down the pipe it only needs to be about 6 to 8 inches down (it must be clear of any water in the stand pipe)
If it goes to a spigot ensure the waste hose is looped up higher than the spigot level (preferebly to the height of the sink base)

Next is the machine spinning up to full speed if it is not the clothes will still have water in and this will drain from them leaving a puddle in the base of the drum. Common cause of this is worn motor brushes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Duh
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back