Water running into toilet bowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water is constantly running from my cistern into the toilet bowl. I understand that the first port of call with this problem is often to try replacing the flush seal? I'd like to try that but need pointers on what part(s) to buy and how to do it.

The toilet was installed by a builder about ten years ago, probably bought from Wickes. Here are pics of the inside of the cistern:

IMG_20150915_081747596.jpg

IMG_20150915_081655124.jpg

Could anyone advise what type of seal I would need for this type of set-up? A link to one I could buy would be most welcome.

Is it a simple job to fit a new seal, bearing in mind my non-existent plumbing skills? Also, do I need to switch off the water supply to the toilet first?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
They usually just unplug like a bayonet light bulb, IF you can get a replacement unit or seal (I would replace the unit myself) it is a doddle!
BUT the chances of getting the same one as Wickes bought in a job lot from the far East are pretty slim.
Have a look here, I had an obsolete one (18 months old!) and they supplied a direct replacement that fitted the old bottom piece.
If you cannot get a straight swap it can be a swine of a job, cistern off to replace the whole unit because you cannot plug the new one into the old bottom half.

http://www.shop.lunns.net/flush-valves-14-c.asp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back