Water sealing brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope everyone is well.

I was hoping someone would be able to help with an issue we have with our external bathroom wall. The wall gets wet externally and is soaking in water which is coming through the plaster and bubbling the paint with crystals, this is getting worse as it gets colder.

I have been advised that a solution would be to sand away the paint, put a dehumidifier in the bathroom and paint a water sealant on the outside wall and completely dry the wall and then paint again.

I have looked at a number of water sealants and they all state that is best to put on a dry wall but some can be used on a damp wall. As it is winter and unlikely to get warm enough to dry the wall is it possible or has anyone had experience of applying the sealant in winter conditions?

I found the following product online which states you can apply in wet weathre but cannot see any reviews apart from on their site - Kingfisher Stormseal
https://www.kingfisheruk.com/stormseal-wet-apply-waterseal-item-26st

Alternatively was considering Fortress Clear Water Guard from B&Q.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back