Water seeping into garage floor after and during rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!

I have block paving on two sides of my garage (built on to side of house).

When it rains, water starts to come into the garage on the sides where the block paving is. There is a damp proof membrane two bricks up from the floor of the garage and the block paving is one brick below it on the outside. It is also getting in under the double-glazed garaged door.
How can I stop the water coming into the garage ? Can I remove the row of blocks that are immediately against the walls, dig down (how far ? ) and fill in with Pea shingle ?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
DPC is 2 bricks above floor inside and 1 brick above pavers outside :?: therefore pave is 1 brick Above inside garage :idea: Yes you could create a Drain Francais with shingle but a purpose built channel system would be better..I was in Wickes last night looking@ them (spooky) This would be better as pavers need to be contained, or they can move, (specially as we`re in a drought)...some of mine are :cry: D/G door :?: small one for people, not car....acess door

Nige F said:
DPC is 2 bricks above floor inside and 1 brick above pavers outside :?: therefore pave is 1 brick Above inside garage

Nige, that's correct. If I do the Drain Francais option, how far down do I have to go before adding the Pea shingle ? :confused:

edited to correct quote

Sponsored Links
Well, I`d go down 2 course below dpc. And waterproof the outside wall with synthapruf from below the garage floor level to just below the level of the shingle in the french drain because, though the water will run thru` the shingle there will still be a damp atmosphere within the shingle bed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back