Water settling on concrete in front of garage- no drainage!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per title really- god knows what the previous owners were doing, but in my back garden when it rains the rainwater congregates in an attractive puddle outside the whole length of the garage door. It looks as if they had tried to drill some holes in the concrete without much success- so what i have to do at present, is sweep up a 6' slope, and brush the water into the drain that the kitchen and guttering uses. So, what are my options, I assume I will need to get proper drainage installed?

cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
dancleary
yes .. many companies do surface drain soakaways ,your local building merchants will have these channel soakaways

Thanks for the reply Moz. Any ideas re estimates? I would probably need the 1m channels putting across the length of the garage door- the drain that the sink/washing machine feeds into is approx facing the garage 5m away.

Cheers
Dan

dancleary
I dont know about estimates ....sorry ...
if the side of the drive is soil/lawn .. you can drain it there ... :)

Sponsored Links
hi u shouldnt really put surface water in a dirty water drain . It should run into a soakaway in garden somewhere 5 m away from buildings-

check your water bill. a lot of people pay their local water company surface water handling charges wether their storm water drains into the sewer system or not. building control would sooner your storm water drained into soakaways, but certain conditions determine that your storm cant go anywhere else other than into the sewer system.
any work involving underground drainage is subject to b.c. inspection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back